Here are a list of 5 ideas for using printed Literature for Gospel outreach at public events:
1. As long as it is on public property (or you get permission), hand out some of our Gospel flyers to the queues waiting. For example, we have Gospel flyer designs for rock music and football theme. We can also design and print you a custom tract for your evangelism project. Why do this? a) You can reach a large number of people in a short period of time. b) It can cause people to have conversations with others about eternal things.
c) You might hand one to a Christian that encourages them.
2. Order a printed board from us where the design invites the reader to ask questions about eternal matters (we have a wide range of design / question ideas). This can be displayed outside and around big events.
Why do this?
a) It builds continuity with the viewers, especially if you are there on a regular basis (think football matches and other regular events).
b) People will read it, even if they don't stop to talk with you.
c) It's something that can be recalled to a person's memory in the future.
3. As long as public property or with permission, set up a street table offering to the event goers, free books and literature about eternal things. You could compliment the table with a printed board or banner. Why do this?
a) People will know what you are about, especially if you have clear signage to state what you are doing. We can help you with signage for your evangelism table.
b) From the crowd, it attracts people who are interested in talking about eternal things.
c) It enables you to show people a wide variety of items you are willing to give to them. For example, they maybe interested in a flyer that deals with suicide.
4. When people leave an event, simply stand somewhere near the area that people exit the venue and hand out Gospel tracts to them.
Why do this?
a) It's not always the best idea to hand them tracts on the way in to an event, as their mind is on the event at hand. But after, they may be more willing or able to give it more attention.
b) It reaches a large number of people.
c) A tract can be a great ice breaker to discuss eternal things.
5. Where public property, preach the Gospel to queued people. We can provide you with all manner of printed items and ideas to complement this work. Why do this?
a) It pleases God "..it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe." 1 Corinthians 1:21
b) Jesus did it "..He went throughout every city and village preaching, and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God" Luke 8:1
c) It's a command "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season" 2 Timothy 4:2
Remember to always pray before, after and during your opportunities to speak and spread the Good News of the Gospel.
What ways do you reach people through public events?